Fw: Chickering brass flanges

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 17:49:10 -0700

  Wim

    I've done this twice and I believe that the parts I used to match =
the old ones came from pacific(the tokiwa parts).  As much as I've heard =
these parts denigrated by some I have found the complaints unfounded. In =
fact they are  very well made parts and  I don't hesitate to use them =
when needed.  I suspect that Renner and Brooks(Abel) have parts that =
would fit as well and  I'm sure that the new line of Tokiwa knabe and =
chickering wippens will be a welcome asset to our parts replacement =
endeavors and possibly yours.  To my knowledge no other maker provides =
these style wippens
      Typically when I replace action parts I have a complete =
set(almost) of sample parts from most parts makers that I simply match =
the best part for a   particular application.  Myyyyy, isn't life Grand =
to have so many choices these days.  Persevere Wim a solution is out =
there.=20
   Finding appropriate parts isn't difficult like it used to be in yrs =
past.  I'll you have to do is order them.  Each part maker I know either =
has demo kits or a full size picture of their parts.
     One last word of caution.  The chickering piano used very light =
hammers and matching them is difficult.  Beside a 6ft. 4" chickering  =
would benefit tonally from more hammer weight(strike wt.) which means a =
shank with a different knuckle spread might be a better choice to help =
carry the extra gram or so.

  Best

    Dale Erwin

----- Original Message -----=20