heater bar question

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:04:54 -0700

pianolover 88 wrote:

> Howdy all,

... a thought came over him and he
> asked: "Since you tuned the piano [down] to normal pitch, at the present higher
> humidity, isn't it likely that it will go flat after the bar is installed
> and removes the excess moisture?" Hmmm, good questio, I thought.

Terry,

It is a good question and what the customer is pointing out, in a way,
is that you need to address the pitch change problem first, by
installing the Dampp Chaser system and giving it time to take effect,
and then reschedule for the tuning. This works best if you have some
dehumidifier rods and humidistats in the car.

Tom Cole (making a note to restock DC rods and humidistats)