To tune or not to tune

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:40:21 -0500

Talk about timely....

Customer called 45 minutes ago with Wurlitzer spinet in back of pickup =
truck and asks about sticky keys, missing hammer etc. I suggested that =
he bring in out to my shop where I would remove the action, fix it, and =
install it with tuning next week.

Sure enough, bass bridge was cracked all the way across. You know what =
slays me is how some people tell me "it sounds o.k. to us" and it =
actually sounds more like a steel drum band!

Anyway, no charge, cost me 10 minutes and never had to leave my shop. =
Don'tcha wish all the belly up instruments were this easy?

Roy Ulrich