New Board and Old Bridges

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 07:43:51 -0400

I saw something new this week: a 1923 Mason BB with a new board *and*
the old bridge caps on the old bridge roots. I'd always assumed that
the minute tolerances for downbearing ruled out betting on a
combination of new board and old bridge caps to provide proper
downbearing. I loved the board, it's bursting with sound. But when
did we enter this Brave New World where a new board didn't require
new bridge caps?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

".......true more in general than specifically"
     ...........Lenny Bruce, spoofing a radio discussion of the Hebrew
roots of Calypso music