impact hammer

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:15:12 -0600

Hi Pat,

Sometimes tuning tips can become magnatized. One way to solve that is to
use a demagnatizer--another way is to give it a good *whack* with a hammer.
Place tip (still attached to lever) on an anvil and have it it.

Also on lower grade pianos the tuning pins tend to the green cheese variety
of softness so any *scaring* on the inside of your tip may *bite* into the
pin...making removal difficult. A new tip is a good investment.

I followed a tuner (don't know who) once on a yamaha C-7..there were metal
shards all over the pin block area from the pins. Such a shame.

At 08:28 AM 04/05/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>List yesterday I tuned a new Wurlitzer console, the pins were very tight my
>impact hammer usually works well on tight pins but it kept getting stuck on
>the pin actually I think it was caughting on the coil. Has anyone had
>experience with this problem.Pat

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/