alternative temperaments

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:36:48 -0500

Jim Coleman Sr., and List

I tried my hand at tuning the temperament that Ed Foote included with =
his class materials at the St. Louis Seminar. Great class, Ed. I'm an =
aural tuner, so setting this temperament was a bit of a struggle. It did =
work out. All of the checks proofed correct. I had several people try =
the piano. Their reactions is another story. I want to know what is =
available for tuning instructions for some of these temperaments for an =
aural tuner, specifically the Kirnberger, Young, Broadwood Best, and Jim =
Coleman's temperaments 11 through 16. Would a chromatic tuner which =
displays cents deviation be of any help? I can't afford an ET right now, =
but I'm very interested in these temperaments and have several people =
wanting to try them.
 Anybody?

Paul Chick