Fw: SAMICK SG172

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:54:51 -0400

>Hi list,
>If any of you would like to answer this, please join in.  I wrote
>to him, suggesting that he get Larry Fine's book and take his
>time.  Also said that if he gives me his location, I can recommend
>a technician near him.
>I'm not subscribed to the list, so if there are any answers directly
>to me, please use webb1@bellatlantic.net.
>Thanks,
>Ruth
>
>>  Dear Guild Member,
>  > I am in need of immediate information on the SAMICK SG172 piano.

snip

>  > All information you can give me will be most appreciated. Please feel
>>  free to post this to a bulletin board or news group.  Again Thank you in
>  > advance for your help.
>  >
>  > Sincerely,
>  > Dennis

The SG-172 is a 5'7" it was discontinued in 1988. At that time it had
a suggested price of $8800. Selling price back then was probably more
in the low $6000 range.

If your customer wants to get an overview on Samick pianos, direct them to:
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search (formerly Deja News)
Type in rec.music.makers.piano At: Newsgroup Return only messages
from the "newsgroup" and do a search on Samick.

What they should do is request to have the piano set up and checked
over by a piano technician. The price sounds reasonable; however the
last SG-172 we traded in had loose pins and had to be re-strung.

In it's favor would be the size and cost. Negatives is that it is a
Korean piano and would would fall below a Yamaha in terms of quality.
By all means she should have her brother sit down and try it out
before she buys it, especially given his training. A used Hyundais or
Kia car would be reasonable to buy, but not necessarily everyons
first choice.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.