Fw: Pin fluids..was-- Bridge caps

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:55:06 -0700

 Hi Jim

     Thanks for the detailed post.  What type of block are you using?
 I like using 1 ought pins for several reasons.
1.  The diameter being smaller I find there easy to tune.
2. Using a no. 1allows more options such as a particular piano getting
restrung with old board but it won,t be more than bout 5 or 10  yrs before
the client will spring for a new one and the block can then be reused with
no.2s
3 If I ever crash A board or don't like the results I can install a new one
and go to no. 2s
4. Having found that all Asian pianos I know(mostly the my  two Japanese
favorites) use ones and everyone knows how well they tune. I find Ones tune
fine and no flagpoling as far as I can determine.

 With a maple block I drill with a 1/4"bit for ones and a .257 for 2s. I
suspect you're using delignit with reference to your stated drill size and
know little about it having used it only once.

    Betcha a LARGE cup o coffee that you're right bout the old blocks being
driven with fluids.
      I'll try your speriement country boy and let cha all know.

   See ya in Reno The coffees on me

     Dale Erwin