Bridge caps

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:05:12 -0500

> No argument with any thing you have said, How ever in the real
>world, just so much time and money, and we have to work with what is put in
>front of us.

In that case, I don't want any part of the real world either.

> To be clear on seating strings, very little force is used, in fact my
>favored way is to tap the top of the bridge pin, invariably the pin moves
>dragging the string with it.

I'd take tapping pins over seating strings any day. Seating strings
periodically doesn't cure a thing (see "periodically"), whereas tapping the
pin down leaves the string riding on a fresh pin surface, and has a better
chance of being a long term improvement (my accumulated opinion). If the
problem is loose pins though, neither does much good.

>You mean to say I have to read one of those dusty old books, then I would
>have to find my slide rule to calculate the result.
>regards Roger.

Yes you do, and you mustn't let those books get dusty. Information and
knowledge change on you if you don't keep an eye on them. We're going to
want a report on your findings too, naturally.

Ron N