Keylead inertia and leverage

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:11:53 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike and Jane Spalding <mjbkspal@execpc.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: Keylead inertia and leverage (was Re: Ideal leading
pattern:)

> Ric,
>
> This is one of those counterintuitive concepts:  how can more weight
result
> in less inertia?

Please tell me where I said "more weight will result in less interia".
I believe I said.
QUOTE  "More weight will require MORE interia"

Once again let me say,  It seems to me the heaver the key the more
inertia required to move it.   The more mass the key has the more
EFFORT  it will "SEEM" to be required to move it.

Now Please tell me how I am saying

>how can more weight result
> in less inertia?

Especially considering I asked.......
    >>but isn't
> > more force is needed to accelerate the heavier key to the same
speed
> > as the lighter key if both keys have  the same balance
tio?   ---ric

---ric

> >     A key with 2 weights near the front rail can be made to
require
> > the same down weight as a key with 4 weights near the balance
rail.
> > The key with 4 weights is heaver than the key with two weights.
This