Fw: FwOff Topic- Cal. Energy crunch

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:58:09 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/01 12:33:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
Erwinpiano@email.msn.com (Erwinpiano) writes:

> Wow ,Bill You need to lighten up and learn to take things in the humorous

As has often happened, people seem to be quick to read some kind of
hell-bent, highly inflamed, screaming at the top of the lungs emotion into
what I write when in reality, I have done exactly what you suggested above.
Off topic posts often get out of hand.  Perhaps next time you "can't resist"
forwarding something to the Pianotech List which has nothing to do with
pianos, maybe you'll remember what the consequences can be.

The "Baloney Bunch" that others referred to is what I called the people who
used to spout misinformation and their own outrage about the use of unequal
temperaments.  While I was consistently accused of being inflammatory, I did
pretty much the opposite, restraining myself by using such words as "Baloney"
rather than resort to all of the vulgarities that were directed at me.

I was raised in Los Angeles and still have family there.  Yes, I am a
conservative, having been a Registered Republican now for 30 years.  If you
ask me, Californians want to have it both ways.  They want a modern, consumer
lifestyle that depends on unlimited availability of energy and water but they
don't like to see those ugly old power plants and oil refineries and don't
want any air pollution.

They have painted themselves into a corner by not continuing to build upon
the necessary infrastructure, so now they are in deep trouble.  I'm just glad
we elected a president and vice president who have some common sense about
what it will take to supply California because it's true that if it has
serious problems, it will drag the rest of the country into them too.  It can
even have an effect on the Piano industry because all of the import
facilities for Asian pianos are there.  We don't need any influences which
will drive the prices of pianos any higher than they already are.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin