Dampp Chaser Smart Bar History +

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 11:11:31 -0600

Hi Patrick,

I have had zero problems with the smart bar--and it has been very useful at
institutions, where you no sooner get one person trained to look after the
unit--and they get transferred.

If there is an accumulation of salts on the smart bar it indicates the unit
is not being drained quite often enough. I recommend to all my clients that
they change the pads 4 times a year (and wash them out) and that they drain
the unit in the fall and in the spring.

I am totally sold on the auto shutoff smart bar and will not sell a system
without it.

At 08:59 AM 04/02/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Ron: I have only installed a few "Smart Bars", but I did have a problem with
>one system that kept blinking red.  It turned out that the bar had
>accumulated a small mineral deposit which was shorting out the sensor.  It
>seems that this system is extremely sensitive to this problem, and it almost
>seems that the red light blinks when the bar needs to be cleaned, rather
>than when the pads need replacement.  I cleaned the bar with a plastic
>kitchen pot scrubber, and the problem was solved.  I don't particularly like
>the new Smart Bar system, it seems to be more trouble than its worth.
>Patrick Poulson, RPT

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/