Veritune and Reno

Laura Olsen laura257@chicagonet.net
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:53:08 -0500

Kent and all,
Dave Carpenter will be demonstrating the Verituner in Reno July 11-15, 2001
and BTW the schedule and class descriptions are complete and should be up on
the website within the week.  Expect an email from the Home Office and the
Convention Booklets in your hands in about 2 to 3 weeks.  Many names I see
on this list will be instructing.  Reno is going to be fantastic!  200
classes, 366 hours of instruction, great instructors!  All new voicing
tutoring as well as tuning tutoring.  CyberCafe, Service and Repair Skills
and Rebuilding Skills.  Hands-on Grand and Vertical Regulation (Joel Jones
is doing the Vertical Regulation and the lucky attendees will be building
their own action model that they can take home with them!) More Voicing and
Concert Prep classes than ever before, the BEST Exhibit Hall and a view of
the Sierra Nevada Mountians that can't be beat.  Seiler piano is bringing a
Master Piano Builder from Germany, Norbet and Helmut Abel will be teaching
an all-day class with Brooks, Ltd.  Don Mannino from Kawai will be bringing
a Japanese tech and do a Wednesday class and 2 1.5 hour classes.  The Yamaha
Team will be doing 2 all-day classes, 2 1.5 hour classes (each given twice)
and they'll do a station on downloading music from the internet for the
Disklavier at the CyberCafe.  Renner is bringing Rick Baldassin, Norm
Neblett, Bill Spurlock, Richard Davenport and David Hughes.  Steinway & Sons
will bring Scott Jones, Bill Youse, Kent Webb and John Patton.  Del Fandrich
is teaching "Designing & Remanufacturing the Small Piano" all day Wednesday
July 11, 2001.  Phil Glenn of Young Chang is bringing 4 6' grands to teach
us how to prep a new grand and Ray Chandler of Schimmel piano is building
special models to teach hammer shaping. Stacy Yoak of Baldwin will be
teaching stringing with the Acu-Just hitch pin, Andre Bolduc will be
teaching Soundboard Installation and replacing an upright pinblock.  His
daughter Daniele will be teaching a class called "Samick Who?".  Gary Reed
from Lock-N-Stitch will be demonstrating his cast iron plate repair on two
plates that Sid Stone is driving to Reno. I can't name everyone and I
apologise to those I haven't named, but this is going to be seriously great.
You can't afford to miss it.  Check out the website and be there!

Laura Olsen, RPT
Team2001 Institute Director
44th Annual PTG Convention & Institute
July 11-15, 2001