OT Cal Energy

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 18:04:22 -0700

Let's see here:

"> California grows more than half the nation's fruit, nuts and =
vegetables.
> > We're keeping them.  We need something to eat when the power goes =
out.
We
> > grow 99 percent or more of the nation's almonds, artichokes, dates,
figs,
> > kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins and =
walnuts.
> > Hope you won't miss them.

 Yep, I spent most of my life there, and it is INDEED the land of =
"Fruits and Nuts". Had to get out before I was absorbed through osmosis.

"We Californians are gonna keep all our high-tech software in state.
> > Silicon
> > Valley is ours, after all.  Without enough electricity, which you're
> > apparently keeping for yourselves, we just plain don't have enough
> software
> > to spare.
> >
> > We're keeping all our airplanes.  California builds a good =
percentage of
> > the
> > commercial airliners available to fly you people to where you want =
go.
> > When yours wear out, you'd better hope Boeing's Washington plant can
keep
> > you supplied.  There isn't enough electricity here to allow us to =
export
> > any
> > more planes than we need ourselves.  And while we're at it, we're
keeping
> > all our high-tech aerospace stuff, too, like the sophisticated =
weapons
> > systems that let you sleep at night, not worried you might wake up =
under
> > the
> > rule of some foreign kook.  Oh, yeah, and if you want to make a
> > long-distance call, remember where the satellite components and =
tracking
> > systems come from.  Maybe you could get back in the habit of writing
> > letters."

Gee, how you going to make all that stuff? A bunch of people pedaling =
bicycle-generators?

"You all complain that we don't build enough power plants".   That, and =
the fact that you keep electing "wingnuts" to office.

    Sorry, I had better go take a Valium now. Don't really need one, by =
hey, I'm from California..........

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com=20