A question for those well versed in the realm of string scales

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:08:16 -0500

Hi Matt,

No it is not normal for wire sizes to change that much
although I have done it one a few really, really badly
scaled pianos.  When the string gets too long too fast.

It is very likely that this piano may not have dog legs
bends in the bridges at the plate breaks.  A very common
rescaling problem.

Without question the bass scale can be improved to provide a
bigger bass than the original.

For your tuning fee I will rescale the piano for you if you
send me the data.

Lots of luck.

		Newton