Vallotti Young

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:56:49 EST

Richard Writes:
<<Gotta say folks... my first week of HT's has been a good one. The music
that functions best on this temperament sounds absolutely delightful...
no... way more then that... way more. And I gotta ask myself. Why should we
deny ourselves this just because its a "pain in the arse" to have to retune
the instrument... isnt that our job ????

Way to go Richard,
     Welcome to the temperament revival.  It sounds like you have heard the
call and are ready to preach.  good,  we need more preachers. You will make a
difference there, and I hope you keep us up to date on the progress.
  For those students that had trouble with it,  feed them a real clean ET
somewhere and let them return as they may.   you want to concentrate on those
that "get it" first, and then you will have allies and good support as you
spread the word.
   As far as retuning,  you may find that the Coleman tunings, or the
Broadwood Best will serve as a more modest demand on the ears of the noviate,
and perhaps prove to be an acquired taste.  It is sort of like a Chinese
finger puzzle, sometimes pulling harder just makes the resistance stronger,
but a gentle assault from the side works wonders.
Congratulations,
Ed Foote, RPT