Windows ME

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:28:53 -0400

dear Paul
I already wrote to Avery privately

Due to piano crisis in venezuela I am selling Computers and new ones are to
be distribuited with windows Millenum. As I am assembling the machines and
installing Millenium, the real trick is that you have to read what it does.
Most new things are hidden.

Read the whole instructions and go through the demo that comes with it.

For me the real important things are.

If you go to startup, and at "Run" you write "msconfig" you will get a
window which is realy designed for skilled technicians, but there is
something you Guys can do to preserve the system which you could not do when
Win 98. On the left of the window in the lower part there is a button that
says " Restore" I recommend you to get familiar with it as it can save your
computer from many accidents. Press the button and a page will appear which
gives you two options "To create a restore mark" or to "restore to a point
in the past" ( I am using WME in Spanish so in English the names could be
somewhat different but I am translating as close as I can)

This is very interesting because the system keeps creating restauration time
marks, and or you can put them yourself, and in the event of a constant
failure, you can take your machine "back in time" and get it working again.
I will not include more details as you can read them in the system.

Second. If you make a startup disk, in the event of a major crash you just
have to restart the machine with the startup disk (which windows creates
also) and at the c:\ prompt type c:\windows\options\install\setup.exe

Windows will reinstall and adopt the present configuration recovering your
machine and programs..

IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOUR HDD DIED.............

there are about one hundred more improvements.

Elian Degen