Rim Construction

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:45:58 -0600

Hi Del,

What I meant is that "some" Asian piano models "don't" use select hardwood.
For example a few of top line Pramberger series from Young Chang. I'm sure
there are others as well. I believe Kawai is now using a wood that is
denser than maple.

As always focusing on one "part" of a piano gives a distorted view. In
design/engineering terms if you took the best features of "all" pianos and
stuck them together--there would be "no" assurance that the resulting
instrument would be "good" (which is a subjective term).

At 08:09 AM 10/31/00 -0800, you wrote:

> [...]

Regards,
drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/