Guarantee...

joegum joegum@webtv.net
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 00:58:22 -0500 (EST)

<<Where are you in the world, Joe? Or is that "where in the world are
you?" Folks around here may not know which direction to turn a screw to
tighten it, but they have the tension/pitch concept down cold.>>       I
have no explanation for why this is...  I only report what I experience.
I don't pretend to understand it.  I can only tell you that when I've
explained to certain people (like some of the ones that tune them like
clockwork...every twenty years) that a piano is tuned by tightening or
loosening the strings,   I can almost see the fog lift.   It is a
revelation to them.
<<I use the phrase "No problem, absolution is available." It's proven to
be a handy repellent for all sorts of accumulated guilt - sort of a no
fault purge, with invoice. Everyone ends up even. I recommend it.>>
What a great line!   Well said!                -Joe G.