"guarantee...?"

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:43:02 -0600

> (You'd be surprised at how many
>people never made the connection... tighter=higher and vice versa.  "Oh,
>you actually turn those!")

Where are you in the world, Joe? Or is that "where in the world are you?"
Folks around here may not know which direction to turn a screw to tighten
it, but they have the tension/pitch concept down cold. In fact, a local
tech tells about mentioning how tight the tuning pins were in a customer's
piano during a pitch raise, only to have the customer reply "Well, you're
the one tightening them, ain't you?"

(I NEVER blame or shame the customer for
>the piano's condition.  The piano is as it is.  Forget the past.  Remedy
>the present.)

I use the phrase "No problem, absolution is available." It's proven to be a
handy repellent for all sorts of accumulated guilt - sort of a no fault
purge, with invoice. Everyone ends up even. I recommend it.

Ron N