I'm clean

Kurt Matthies kwgm@MESAINTERACTIVE.COM
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:32:38 -0700

Ron,

If only ZoneAlarm would block all junk email....

The install should place a Zone Lab's Group in the Start Menu/Programs
folder. From here you should be able to call up the ZoneAlarm control pad
and configure the application.

The program learns as you work...giving you choices of which program should
have access to your network (and which network protocol should have access
to your machine). This makes it bothersome for the first few days as it is
always asking you about this program or that NetBIOS query. After a few days
once you've configured everything properly, it shuts up and stops bothering
you.

Good luck.

--kwgm
Kurt W.G. Matthies
www.mesainteractive.com
303-635-3007

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Nossaman [mailto:RNossaman@KSCABLE.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 4:21 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: RE: I'm clean

>Ron,
>
>I downloaded the Zonealarm free software and it is doing its thing.  Just
>now it asked if Microsoft Update could through.  It seems to be working
>fine.  Maybe you should try it again?
>
>David I.

I've tried it three times in the last six months, most recently about two
weeks ago with the latest version. It installs, it blocks ALL Internet
traffic, including my email access, and I can find no way to call up the
configuration menu to set it up the way I want it. It doesn't leave an icon
on the task bar, as the installation instructions assure me it does, so I
don't have a handle to get into it. When I uninstall it, I get my email
access back.

Ron N