Pianodisc vs QRS pianomation

PDtek@AOL.COM PDtek@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:50:29 EST

In a message dated 10/30/00 8:19:19 AM Central Standard Time,
carolrpt@hotmail.com writes:

<< This is a pain, as most MIDI files found on the internet are in MIDI
 1 format, and you must run a conversion program to change each and every
 file to MIDI 0 before you can use it on a PianoDisc >>

Converting files is about as much work as opening your e-mail.

>>I also like the pedalling on the Pianomation. A sustain pedal solenoid can
be installed, or not.  If not, sustain is achieved by holding down the key.
Really cool! <<

I don't agree that this method is really cool. The full effect of sustaining
is achieved by the opening of ALL of the strings as opposed to just those
being played. The sound between the two methods is very different. By the
way, a pedal solonoid is an added cost option with Pianomation, as is simply
having all 88 notes play. I believe that 80 key solenoids is the standard.

Dave Bunch
PianoDisc Tech & Retrofit Dealer