"guarantee...?"

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:04:25 EST

If a piano is -180c, there is another, yet unmentioned, possibility.  The
piano may not be able to hold a tune.  You can usually gauge this by feel or
by investing in a tuning pin torque wrench to quantify matters.

-180c Raises red flags for me. I will always tell the customer that the
tuning stability is dubious and explain the concept behind how tuning pins
are mounted, etc. and that we can tune now and observe to see what happens.

Matt W.