I'm clean

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:03:59 -0600

Hi Bob,

In my case it was definitely a "left over" from the mtx infection.

It is a left over probably from some past viral infection, though I am
*not* an expert. The best thing to do is to remove it by simply deleteing
the program. Then reboot. Try explorer online. If it functions fine then I
would toast the file. If you are able to reboot then remove any mention of
it from your registery using:

start
run
regedit
edit
find loadwc
delete the entry
then press F3 to search the rest of the registry.

It is always prudent to have a back up copy of your registry.

At 08:52 PM 10/29/2000 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/29/2000 2:33:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>drose@dlcwest.com writes:
>
>> You might still have an unnecessary file called loadwc.exe.
>
>Don,
>I have this file and it is running. Do you know any more about it, where it
>came from, or what launches it? It is not in config.sys, autoexec.bat, etc.
>Thanks,
>Bob

Regards,

drose@dlcwest.com