SD-10 Problem

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 11:31:48 -0600

>I have personally never had a client complain about rear duplex. Nor have I
>heard one myself that was offensive. Has anyone had to mute off a rear
>duplex because of "jangles"?

Hi Don,
           Early Yamaha CF's have an A6 whistle that's annoying. It come's
from the back scale of the third note above the end of the factory braiding
tape. Just extend the tape for the extra 3 notes. All 3 CF's that I work on
has shown the same problem, all are 20 plus years old.
There is no problem with my CF111. but the factory extended the braiding
tape. <g>
You hear the high pitch, but you may not think to look in the lower mid
section for the problem.
The first piano took two or three attempts to find and fix, the other's 5
mins.
It will sound like an A6 leaky damper.
regards Roger
Roger Jolly