Piano Industry

Sat, 28 Oct 2000 22:12:01 +0200

Lynn Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi John, I don't have a problem with kids using key boards, it's fascinating
> for them.  Bells and whistles, midi, etc. It will encourage music, but, if
> the next generation or shall I say this generation gets all wrapped up in
> these electronic devices, sales of the Acoustic piano will continue to go
> down, and more companies will close they're doors.  Lynn

Well, thats going to happen anyways. Each year they get better and better
reproducing the sound of an acoustic piano. Sooner or later it will be good
enough to overcome enough of the remaining reasons for buying an acoustic piano
that folks will start buying these instead. And I mean big time. I would think
that it would hit the low end of the acoustic market most, but who knows.

Another danger with all this is that at some point there will not be enough
market to support the industry as a whole, and when that happens the knowledge
base will begin to suffer. Then you have an evil circle started which is going
to be hard to fight against.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.