SD-10 Clarification

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:43:10 -0600

Hi Charles,
                  Thank's for the input, sounds logical. The notes I had,
asked as many unaswered questions as it did answers.
I recently had the chance to look at one his prototype's (SD12?). Baldwin
donated it to the Cincinnati Museum of Art. The forward duplexes were tuned
an octave higher than the speaking length. The trench was clearly visible,
the resonators were split, and looked to be adjustable. The treble sounded
cleaner, but lacked the power of a production SD10.

It had a welded steel plate, and metal action frames. I'm guessing, but
probably the plate was made this way to save the cost of making a pattern
for a casting.
I wish there was more time to examine more closely.

Regards Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213