no more "snuggles"

piano lover88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:07:07 PDT

A fellow tech tells me that he is NOT using snuggles any more, (for voicing)
because he strongly believes that it damages/ruins hammers in the long run.
He now uses denatured alcohol and water..ONLY. The water "puffs" up the
felt, and according to him it is every bit as effective and lasts just as
long, however, the effects are not as immediate as with snuggles; takes
about 20-30 minutes for the full effect. He tells me the ratio is 70%
denatured alcohol to 30% distilled water. I have not yet tried this method,
but I will be very soon. If it works well, i will be happy to discontiue
using fabric softener in the "mix".

Terry Peterson
Associate Member PTG
Los Angeles, CA