SD-10 Problem

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:06:28 -0600

At 08:08 AM 10/26/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hi Don,
>>              With respect, if the masking tape or felt was meant to be
>>there, the manufacturer would install some thing similar from the get go.
>>Roger Jolly

>Hi Roger,
>Who's well informed opinion is best? All of us highly educated
>professionals seem to be working from considerably different accumulated
>experience and data sets, so who makes the decision?
>Ron N

	Well, I gotta go both ways, a little. (smirk at y'selves) I've got SD's
and S&S D's with rasty sounds, and the cure depends on the use. For open
hall, it's a feature. For close mic, a piece of black gaffers' tape works
well and doesn't gum things up. On one regular S&S D I'm able to leave my
two pieces stuck to the back of the capo. Lasts a long time. On imports
that have crickets up there, I use the off-node drop of white glue. I
prefer NO understring felt, if possilble.
	Guess it could be one of those "no single right answer" kinda thingees, no?

Laters,
Guy

"On the other hand, you've got different fingers."
							anon