SD-10 Problem

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:57:44 -0500

>In Saskatchewan I run across so many pianos, (all makes and models) with
>both the front and back scale taped off with sticky tape, and the
>customer's ask why.
>Once removed, some reshaping and voicing of hammers,  the vast majority of
>customers are very happy. And the problem is fixed for another few years.
>I think we should tackle the problem not mask it. IMHO
>Regards Roger

Hi Roger,
I do tackle it, when the noise is a result of a hammer voicing problem and
can be cured without taking strings off and dressing and reshaping bearing
and counter bearing points. It was my understanding that was what you were
talking about. These are somewhat different processes, and aren't exactly
interchangeable. I wish that every wretched sound a piano can make COULD be
fixed by voicing. I'd have 37 flavors of magic juice on the market by late
tomorrow morning.

Ron N