Left pedal / center pin thingy

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:06:42 +0000

Hi Tom,

I see where youīre coming from but thatīs not the case.  This is not the
problem with the piano, since it has a rather mellow tone.  The guyīs a
total butcher, destroyed two C2 strings from Chopinīs C major Etude Op.10
Nr.1, but all in all the hammers arenīt worn that much...due to his pedal
usage.  Actually he didnīt have it tuned for a long time so maybe that was
the reason for his sound moderating tendencies.
The piano doesnīt need snuggling :)  He needs to get rid of this habit, and
being a relatively good buddy of mine, I donīt think coaxing him will be a
problem for me.
But as was suggested, the flange covers might be a good optionsince the
butt plates ARE in fact all tightened.

Thanks,

Kristinn