SD-10 Problem

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:58:32 -0600

At 05:10 PM 25/10/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi Kevin,
>
>Ordinary masking tape will work--or you can also weave bushing cloth or
>other felt between the strings on the most offensive notes--use a small
>piece and you can "slide" it back and forth and "tune" out the nastiness.
>
>Hi Don,
              With respect, if the masking tape or felt was meant to be
there, the manufacturer would install some thing similar from the get go.
In my book it is a temporary fix at best.
Muting the forward duplex, greatly reduces the projection, the groove in
the forward bar, reduces sustain and power.
If the hammer is too hard, you will have a very strong fundamental, and
weak sustain on the partials.
Determine which problem you are dealing with, then fix it if the customer
want's the problem fixed.
By all means give them a choice, but it should be the customers decision.
Supported with a well informed opinion.
regards Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.