Steinway let-off screws

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:09:49 -0500

David:

I have a few old Steinway let off screws.  I think they are longer than any
I have gotten from Schaff.  Let me know if you need some of them.  I have
most of a set.  I had a whole set, but the jar fell off the bench
and....well, I found most of them.

dave

On 10/25/00 at 6:15 PM Ron Nossaman wrote:

>>Where do I get let-off screws for a steinway?  Does anyone have an old
rail
>>with some they could sell me?  I would hate to try to get it from
Steinway.
>>Will the Schaff ones work?
>>
>>David I.
>

>The Schaff ones should work fine. I just remembered this and checked one
>against my action model, which incidentally has Teflon centers and an
>unleathered felt knuckle. No date though. Go figure.
>

>Ron N

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts