...a simpler digital player???

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:51:17 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/00 9:48:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
RustRazor@AOL.COM writes:

<< Someone recently asked me about a digital player retrofit, which he heard
 about, that doesn't need to be installed beneath the grand keybed, doesn't
 require removal of the piano to a shop for installation, and somehow sits on
 top of the piano (or the keys).  He also said that the piano can't be played
 manually while this beast is engaged.

 Have any of you heard of such a thing??

 Matt, NY >>

Perhaps you have head of Meisel Industries.

In Music trades is an advertisements from Meisel Industries, which claims to
have "Butcher Free" player piano systems. According to the ad, "The new
Meisel Industries' system features the installation of player piano solenoids
and system within the key and back action of both upright and grand pianos."

I have asked for information on this product, but have never heard back from
them. Another technicians I talked to told me this system is in the
development stages, and has not yet been fully developed.

You can contact them at www.meiselindustries.com. They are in Troy Michigan,
Tel num. (248) 362-3276.

Willem