Harpsichord

Ed Carwithen edwithen@oregontrail.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:25:41 -0700

OK guys and gals:

  Please don't laugh, or remind me of how incompetent I am for asking but....

  How do I tune a harpsichord?  I just got asked to tune for a university
chamber series.  Would love to worm my way into the music department as
their piano technician, especially because they have just replaced all the
old beaters with new pianos.

  I don't have the proper tool (isn't it called a key?), so will have to
get one.  What will go wrong?  Do I use ET or one of the HT's?  A=440???
What happens when a string breaks (I understand that is a concern with
harpsichords)?

  Am I an idiot for thinking that tuning pianos prepares me for tuning a
harpsichord?

Ed Carwithen
John Day, OR