Bechstein date

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:09:46 +0200

Nope, nothing heard from Bechstein yet. I go with the 1880 era date, given
the action

Brian Lawson, RPT
Johannesburg, South Africa

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Heaton" <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: Bechstein date

Some Bechsteins were made in the UK c1900 a cheaper version bit like
 the Boston for S&S only the name Bechstein was kept, still a well made
 piano but meant for the UK market.  *I have been told that the numbers
 are not quite in sink with the ones in Germany which may explain your
 problem.

Did Bechstein get back to you,  I am hoping to get a old book on the
 "History of Bechstein"  with a view to putting it up on the UK Piano
 Page.

Barrie,

* information gained from a telephone conversation and I have had no
 time to confirm it.

In article <004d01c03945$9b716340$3f52ef9b@default>, Brian Lawson
 <lawsonic@global.co.za> writes

--