Action Analyses (was Capstan Relocation)

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:52:13 -0500

>Poke around the Delphion Intellectual Property site at
><http://www.delphion.com>. It's more browser-friendly than the USPTO
>site.

Thanks Clark. Looking at the drawing, I recall now that I had seen it
before and just forgot it. The vertical action is there too, but it's a
different version than the current (as of two years ago) production model.
The current vertical action uses what appear to be standard action parts,
retrofitted with that little compression spring (like a butterfly, or
wippen support spring) connecting the butt and jack. The patent drawings
show a non standard butt configuration with a helical compression spring
connecting butt and jack. The current vertical action works quite well, but
I haven't gotten to play with the grand. Did there prove to be a long term
problem with the grand action, or was it just another case of nobody being
interested in anything different?

Ron N