tuning question

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:22:24 +0100

In article <F214y3rOYaEv1Kq2EkW00001d52@hotmail.com>, Jay Mercier
<jaymercier@hotmail.com> writes
>or pitch raising I like to tune a quick temp. in about 2 minutes, proceed to tuning
>octaves all the way to the top, then come back down tuning the right string, then
>procedure over again and again until the piano is a few cents above a440.
>Proceed to tune.

This could be your problem try tuning the bass first, as percentage wise
more of the pianos tension is there - less of the seesaw  affect on the
back  when doing a large pitch.  Small seesaw  movements in the back
will effect  to top treble more than the bass.  You have just put a
couple of tons of strain on the back so it will take time to settle as
the top treb need the least movement to put it out, you should not be to
concerned about it if it moves a little - Like  David I. said, go back
in 3 months if only to see if the pinblock has not puled away from the
bracing's :-(

I love big pitches winding bases up from the grave.

Barrie,
--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/