HT Experience

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:23:57 -0400

David,

It depends what you mean by "real effect."  A small effect is still real.  I
have never done any historical tunings, and without the discussions on this
list, and Ed Foote's wonderful class I attended a year ago, I would never have
even given it a thought.  Now I at least think about it, and I expect sooner or
later I will give it a try.

I know my next sentence is likely to fuel the flame of a fire I'm getting tired
of reading about, but I think it was Bill Bremmer who said something like:  A
lot of aural tuners *think* they are tuning ET when in fact they are probably
tuning (I forget what).  I often think about that.  Bill, I hope I didn't
misquote you; feel free to respond.

I'll be gone for the next two days, but I won't unsubscribe, since activity on
this list usually diminishes over the weekend anyway.

Regards, Clyde