Piano Technician Correspondence Schools

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:10:56 -0700

on 10/21/00 3:58 PM, euphoniac@juno.com at euphoniac@juno.com wrote:

> Do any of you have any experience with either The American School of
> Piano Tuning or the Randy Potter School?
>
> Don Palmire

Yes, I have tried the American School and was very disappointed, not only
was the material expensive and out of date, but there are no videos and the
tools were far too little.

    On the otherhand, I would highly recommend Randy Potter and "Superior
Video Tapes" by Jim Coleman Sr.   For the bang for the buck, Superior Tapes
can not be beat, even Randy Potter uses some of Jim Coleman's tapes in his
course.

Hope this helps.

Eliot Lee