Owen Jorgensen

Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:30:33 +0200

Holy Christmas.... this book is HUGE:.... grin... Owen Jorgensens TUNING
--- containing "The Perfection of Eighteenth Century Temperament",  "The
Lost Art of Nineteenth Century Temperament" and "The Science of Equal
Temperament". Looks to be a life time of reading and study to me...
sheeshhh... and the fellow wrote all this ????

Amazing...

Look out Bill and Ed...  in about 236 years you're gonna have to move
over.... grin.

On the serious side... Ed and Bill, you both seem to think I should start
my adventure with the Vallotti Young. I wonder if you might point me to the
most important reading in this monster book regarding this Temperament. I
have a month and a half to get this more or less together. I am sure the
tuning part will go ok, I just want to be able to carry on a reasonably
educated discussion on the subject matter if the need be... and no doubt
the need will be.. Thanks muchly

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.