Yamaha voicing...and the famous Newton!

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 23:32:12 -0400

Hi Richard,

First, if you ruin a set of hammers, so what, they are
replaceable.

I would suggest first steam voicing them and if the result
is really bad then put a set of Abels on those shanks.
Careful boring and little regulation would be needed.

I _was_ enamored of Melody and was not real happy with the
super bright and very LOUD tone of this piano in such a
small room.    If you wish I will come back and steam voice,
change and wow her and her hammers.

There is nothing like experience to give one perspective.
Hanging hammers is no great deal once you have done one or
two.

Give my regards to Sadie and the other ladies there.

		Newton