NPR - Crash, Bang, Crunch - my first service call of the day

Cameron Jacobi harlip58@yahoo.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

--- Douglasmahard@AOL.COM wrote:
> Here is how my day started:
> Stage tuning at a local high school.  Stage door is
> unlocked for me by band
> director but doesn't give me any lights.  It's dark!
>  I think I remember
> where the switches are and make my way over to that
> area.  I start groping
> around on the wall for the light switch and hit the
> curtain switch instead.
> Lots of noise with large things falling over and
> glass breaking as the
> curtain drags across a stage set.
>
> The front of the stage set didn't survive.  Two
> large walls fell over, one
> hitting a sofa and buckling, the other draping
> itself over a table with a
> flower vase and type writer on it.  Two panels
> popped out of this one.
> Flower vase in lots-o-pieces.  CA glue could put
> humpty dumpty back together
> again.
>
> I find the drama instructor and he starts yelling
> some choice words, not at
> me but just venting.  He's done, then another little
> out burst.  He's
> finished now and I haven't said anything other then
> "Sorry."  I tell him I'm
> a good carpenter (previous business) and would be
> happy to meet with his
> chief set builder to get this mess back together and
> put up.  He likes that
> idea and heads off to teach a class.
>
> Little white flower vases are nonexistent in
> Litchfield County.
>
> Yow!
>
> Doug Mahard

Doug,

What a great story!  I always find that schools
present so many unique problems --mostly the result of
no communication between the various entities that are
forced to co-exist under one roof.

Harriet Lipman