Capstan/wippen heel intersection

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 21:08:49 +0200

Hi there Clark... this one caught me a bit off guard and I had to delve in and
check out this and that and see if I could make sense of it... I do see the point
here, and I would think off hand that this would apply much more to the jack /
knuckle / whippen contact sequence then the capstan / whippen cushion.

Even so... the closer these two points are to behaveing as a pivot.. the less
friction and perhaps better delivery of present leverage... or what ?? That the
pivot is unobtainable doesnt change that getting as close as one can improves
efficiency ??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.