Capstan Relocation

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:56:24 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> At 12:21 PM +0200 10/19/00, Richard Brekne wrote:
> >Farrell wrote:
> >  > KR is between 0.52 and 0.53.  WWs range from 17.5 to 18.5 in the factory
> >  > configuration.
> >
> >Hmm... those are certainly low enough for a light touch.. I shouldnt think you
> >should have to dink around much there anyways... Be interesting to
> >hear what you
> >get told to do by Stanwood.
>
> Not quite. You don't have it made in the shade until KR drops below
> .50. At this point you're still at the mercy of the SWs. Of course,
> David has all the data now, but the rest of the picture is where the
> SWs and FWs lay. I'm curious as to how well Kawai has hung this
> Boston action.

Hmm... this is interesting... KR of below .50 ?? How and why is that such an
attractive ratio ?  Let me think about this a day or two before you give me a hint
ok ?? I have sortof operated on the assumption that KR together with WBW should end
up resulting in about 9.0 grams... shooting for that gave me a figure that fit into
Stanwoods charts... then I knew I could depend on the rest of his charts to be
valid.

Time to put the ol thinking cap back on... grin

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.