University Sales

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:42:33 -0700

I am now on digest and don't see all the stuff that is written, but I
want to add my 2 cents to this discussion.

I also do not like the university sales that I have been aware of in my
town.  they seem very misleading.

HOWEVER!

They ARE selling new pianos.  Getting more product out there for us to
service.  And we shouldn't be ashamed to tell the owners of these pianos
that they got such a great price because the dealer did not really put
the time into preparing them that WE think they should.

Because they called us (RPT)  we will be able to do a better preparation
of the piano than the dealer would have done anyway.

A hard ethic that I have been trying to internalize is that it is the
RIGHT of the retailer to get as high a price as they can.

I see a disservice done to the piano public with technicians fixing up in
a make-do fashion painos that should be in the dump.  Let's all support
the dealers more!!

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott/Phoenix