John Lennon's Steinway

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:52:33 -0600

Hi Folks.

I was just watching the news and saw that John Lennon's Steinway "Z"
vertical he bought in 1970 for about $1,000 pounds and on which he composed
"Imagine" sold at auction today to an anonymous buyer for 1.5 million
pounds ($2,080,000 USD or a cool $3 million CDN)!

See http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20001017/re/britain_lennon_dc_8.html

Let's hope it remains on display in a museum rather than sitting in Michael
Jackson's (for example only) living room!

Does anyone know anything about this model? I've seen a "V" (lovely
piano!), but never a "Z". Is it properly called a "Zed" or a "Zee"?

It looked like a continental-style 1098... but at two million bucks perish
the thought!

				John
John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom