Bent spring rail

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:29:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/00 9:29:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
staytuned@idirect.com writes:

<< We see this, time and time again on console & spinet actions by Sterling.
The spring rail in the bass section bows toward the damper wires, causing a
heavy touch and springs popping out of their grooves.

 Is there a solution?

 John Lillico, RPT >>

As I am visualizing this, it would appear that that distance between the
action brackets is less than the distance between the two holes in the rail.
Unscrew the rail, and make a slot where the screw hole is. This would allow
you to unbend the rail.

Hope that helps.

Willem