Sohmer

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:19:16 -0400

> Sohmers that were made in New York city were much more
> stable, then the ones made in Conneticut and Pennsylvania.

Well, I don't know about the pianos made elsewhere but I can
tell you that the Sohmers made in Astoria Queens were the
least stable of any pianos in my customer base in New York
from 1966 through 1982.  I dreaded any climate change
because I knew I was in for  major double tuning of all
Sohmers.  I developed a real attitude for them.

>From 1988 through 1997 the four Sohmers in my stock at
Rutgers University, New York made, went ballistic with any
change in humidity.  I had Sohmers, Kawais and Yamahas in
the same building and the humidity went from 15% to 85% per
year.  The sohmers were insane.

Climate control systems DID stabilize the little puppies.

		Newton