Rebuilt Steinway

Mon, 16 Oct 2000 08:52:50 +0200

Check out the Steinway nett pages. There is a whole side buried in there dealing
with this. Jist of it is that cracks in themselves dont alter the total surface
area of the soundboard more then a half iota, and that cracks dont seem to alter
the transfer of sound over the board as a whole. They say its no big deal at all.
On the other hand, cracks can be indicative of other problems which they dont seem
to comment much about.

If you cant find it let me know, I think I can navigate my way back to that side.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.